Saturday, October 16, 2010

We've Arrived!

July 16, 2010.  Lisa and I arrive in Vienna, Austria where we'll be making our home for the next couple of years.  Aside from a trip to Paris about ten years ago, I've never spent any significant amount of time in Europe whereas Lisa, however, studied abroad in Sweden several years ago and has vacationed all over Europe so the reality of living in Europe seems, well,  a bit more real to her.  I still can't really believe it...is this a vacation?  It kind of feels like it but, but, I have a job -- I telecommute -- and I have my graduate studies so there is some responsibility, but not much.  Oh well, I'm not too concerned about it 'cause WE.LIVE.IN.VIENNA!

This blog is our attempt to chronicle the life we make here in Vienna and to share it with those we care about.  So enough of this, I hear Vienna Calling.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I stumbled upon your blog (part. the title) because of the "Wiener Schnitzel and Grüner Veltliner". We are staging a Wr. Schnitzel: GV tasting in Vienna > http://s.burg.cx/schnitzel - thought that's of interest for you :-)

    Cheers Thomas
    PS: sorry for intruding this way. Didn't find an email or so ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the comment, Thomas. I'm just now seeing your comment and I'm not sure you'll see my reply, nevertheless, the Schnitzel and Gruner Veltliner pairing sounds great -- so much so that it looks sold out! Best of luck w/ your event!

    ReplyDelete